Skip to main content
Get dispatched to work through our new dispatch system. Click here to register.
EI vs. CRB vs. CRSB

EI vs. CRB vs. CRSB

With the recent rise of Covid’s third wave in B.C., we wanted to revisit people’s public benefit options and put them all in one place.

1. If your employer asks you not to come to work and issues you an ROE indicating ‘illness,’ Employment Insurance (EI) provides up to $595 per week.

If you’re not eligible for EI, consider the following options:

2.  The Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB) provides $500 per week “to employed and self-employed individuals who are directly affected by COVID-19 and are not entitled to Employment Insurance (EI) benefits.”

3. The Canada Recover Sickness Benefits (CRSB) provides $500 “to employed and self-employed individuals who are unable to work because they are sick or need to self-isolate due to COVID-19, or have an underlying health condition that puts them at greater risk of getting COVID-19.”

The Carpenters' Regional Council (CRC) of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America is currently building the CRC's new website, which will include all the same functions and information for our members and other users. In the meantime, please continue to use We appreciate your patience and understanding.